Running Easy - An Entirely DIFFERENT approach for Ordinary People
Hi. We're Craig and Nicky and we are NOT super-athletes - we are ORDINARY PEOPLE who have achieved EXTRAORDINARY things!
We have never won a running event!
We have never competed in the Olympics!
We have never won a prize!
We are just ordinary persons like you who discovered how to run in such a way that it became a lifestyle. A lifestyle that has seen us complete a combined more than 200 marathons and ultramarathons! And everyone we've shared our approach with has LOVED it and many have also gone on to run everything from 5km to 21km to 42km to 90km and more! And they too have LOVED it!
We want to share with you an amazing approach to running, that is designed to enable ordinary people achieve extraordinary things. We call it Running Easy, because our motto is not "Try Harder" but rather "Try Easier".
So if you would like to change your lifestyle, either to get off the couch and start running, or even possibly take on that once-in-a-lifetime challenge to run a marathon, then we would love to show you how. How to do it and not only achieve your goal, but love it!
Join Our Running Easy Group
We would love to have you join our Running Easy Facebook group. Here we share information, photos, advice, stories, and more on running. Click here to join.
Click your goal below and achieve your dream
The Running Easy Approach - You just keep on going!
There is a fundamental difference between most other running programs and the Running Easy approach - this approach makes you want to run, and keep on running.
"That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I’d run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I’d just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I’d just run across the great state of Alabama. And that’s what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I’d gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I’d gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going." (Forrest Gump)
Here are some of the reasons the Running Easy approach just keeps you going:
- While we now have thousands of kilometeres of experience we are ordinary people like you. So unlike programs trained by elite athletes, who really don't understand how we feel, this is designed for normal people by normal people.
- Running Easy is about "try easier" not "try harder". Most programs will tell you to grit your teeth, take the pain, and try harder as you hit that big hill. We will say, "walk before you're tired" not "because you're tired". We will say, "hill? great, now time for a bit of walking"
- Most other programs will have your running 5 or 6 days a week PLUS doing cross training in between this, like swimming and cycling. We will have you running a maximum of 4 days a week with no cross training.
- Most importantly - all we say is backed up not only with our experience and the experience of many runners we have trained, but also by real science from academic journals.
- So...why "try harder" when "try easier" will allow you to be far more successful!